As an Investment Analyst you’ll join our Investment Consulting division. Our investment consulting division provides advice on the full investment cycle, from strategy structure and implementation through to portfolio monitoring and risk management. As a graduate joining you would work on a wide range of client projects, including advising clients on how to restructure their investment strategy to exploit long term opportunities in emerging markets, make an investment in a new hedge fund strategy or develop a plan to reduce risk in response to changing market conditions.
Our graduate roles begin in September with an 18-month Graduate Development Programme, starting with a residential course. You will quickly acquire the knowledge and skills to move forward in your career while simultaneously studying for the Investment Management Certificate. At that point, you have the choice of studying towards either the Actuarial or the CFA exams. What’s more, our comprehensive study package will give you the resources and time to succeed at every stage of your development.
As an Investment Analyst your key duties will include:
· Producing/checking monitoring reports
· Assisting with the determination of appropriate investment strategies and manager structures for clients, drafting reports and letters as appropriate.
· Assisting with manager selection exercises and the subsequent implementation of any changes to the investment manager arrangements
· Dealing with routine queries received from clients, investment managers, third parties, etc.
Skills and qualifications:
· A minimum of 300 UCAS points, A level maths at grade B or above with a minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerical or semi- numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
· An interest in financial markets and conditions is essential
· Self motivated, with an eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the investment industry, market conditions etc.
· Ability to work well as part of a team, with strong communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
· Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date
· Ability to maintain a good work-life balance