As an investment analyst within fiduciary management, you will help a variety of institutional clients, mainly pension schemes, in the implementation of various fiduciary management solutions. This will involve working alongside more experienced analysts, consultants and portfolio managers to support clients with everything from the design and implementation of investment strategy through to ongoing portfolio management.
Our graduate roles begin in September with an 18-month Graduate Development Programme, starting with a residential course. You will quickly acquire the knowledge and skills to move forward in your career while simultaneously studying to become either a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or a qualified actuary. What’s more, our comprehensive study package will give you the resources and time to succeed at every stage of your development.
Your key duties will include:
· Analysing pension scheme financial characteristics
· Initially supporting and ultimately owning investment strategy reviews
· Assisting the team in designing client-specific hedging strategies using both physical assets and derivatives
· Monitoring and managing client portfolios including ongoing trading of pension scheme assets
· Supporting senior members of the team in producing material for and presenting at client meetings
Skills and qualifications:
· A minimum of 300 UCAS points, A level maths at grade B or above with a minimum 2:1 honours degree expected or obtained in a numerical or semi-numerical degree (equivalent qualifications are accepted)
· An interest in financial markets and conditions is essential
· Self motivated, with an eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the investment industry, market conditions etc.
· Ability to work well as part of a team, with strong communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
· Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date
· Ability to maintain a good work-life balance